Dancer Andrea Yorita has a quick, easy, and delicious autumn-themed recipe for you!
PUMPKIN COOKIES WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I like to add a hair extra for more cinnamon taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg (I like to add a hair extra for more spice taste)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 15- ounce can pumpkin
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter, slightly softened
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
- Powdered sugar to taste (I don’t like it super sweet so I tend to add less than most people)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ground cinnamon sprinkled on top (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat 2 cups butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Add eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla; beat until combined. Beat in pumpkin. Add the flour slowly until combined. Dough will be very wet.
Drop dough by the tablespoon onto parchment lined sheets. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until tops are set. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool.
For the frosting: Beat all of the ingredients until soft and whipped. Frost cooled cookies and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Note: These have a very mild pumpkin spice flavor. If you like a lot of spice double the cinnamon and nutmeg in the dough.
Join our email list to receive more fun surprises from the dancers like Andie’s Pumpkin Cookies recipe!