- This event has passed.
September 23, 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
On September 23 at 7:00pm on Zoom, BalletX presents its first BalletX Beyond live virtual premiere event with choreographers Rena Butler, Caili Quan, Penny Saunders, and Loughlan Prior, who will join us all the way from New Zealand. We’ll watch clips from the films, discuss their work, and enjoy a special performance by dancers Stanley Glover and Roderick Phifer, plus an event-culminating surprise video from the company dancers. The premiere films will be available to watch in their entirety on the BalletX Beyond platform immediately following the virtual event.
- 6:45pm: Join the event early when dancer Zachary Kapeluck shows us how to make the evening’s signature cocktail, called the Autumn Pas de Deux. (Keep reading for the ingredients and recipe.)
- 7:00pm: Choreographer Loughlan Prior joins us all the way from New Zealand, and introduces the world premiere of his dance film, Scribble.
- 7:20pm: Choreographer Penny Saunders tells us about her premiere, Ricochet, and dancers Stanley Glover and Roderick Phifer perform a live excerpt from the piece.
- 7:40pm: Choreographer Rena Butler presents an excerpt from her world premiere, The Under Way.
- 7:50pm: Choreographer Caili Quan presents an excerpt from her world premiere, Love letter.
- We’ll close the event with a special surprise video from the dancers!
BalletX Beyond subscribers will receive the Zoom access link the day before the event. To become a BalletX Beyond subscriber, click here. See you there!
For questions about BalletX Beyond or the event, contact us at email@example.com or 215-225-5389 x103.
Autumn Pas de Deux
Fall is in the air, and we’ve got a signature cocktail – called the Autumn Pas de Deux – that will really warm you up!
Get your ingredients ready, and tune in early to the event on Wednesday at 6:45pm to follow along as dancer Zachary Kapeluck makes the Autumn Pas de Deux.
- 2 oz (60 ml) of Whiskey (Rye or Bourbon) or Rum
- 1 oz (30 ml) of Cinnamon Simple Syrup
- 2 Dashes of Orange Bitters
- Orange Peel to Garnish
Cinnamon Simple Syrup Recipe
- You can purchase Cinnamon Simple Syrup, or just as easily make it at home! Start by bringing 1 cup of water to boil in a small saucepan.
- Add 1 cup of sugar (white or demerara) and stir until it has completely dissolved.
- Reduce the heat, add 2 cinnamon sticks, cover the saucepan, and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from heat, and allow it to cool and steep for 1 hour.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks, pour your syrup in a bottle, and refrigerate until you are ready to make your cocktail!