June 2, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm| Free
Join BalletX for the company’s first-ever Block Party at 1923 Washington Avenue, an action-packed day of free classes, performances, music, food, drink, and more! Dance classes take place from 10:00am–6:00pm, and performances and other outdoor activities occur between 12:00pm–6:00pm. The event is FREE and open to the public.
RSVP for free dance classes at BalletX’s studio below (no experience required):
- Intermediate Ballet with Richard Villaverde, 10am-11:20am
- Youth Creative Movement with Rebecca Malcolm-Naib, 11:30am-12:20pm
- West African with Anssumane Silla, 12:30pm-1:20pm
- Street Dance with Chanel Holland, 1:30pm-2:20pm
- Intermediate Contemporary with Zachary Kapeluck, 2:30pm-3:50pm
- Hip Hop with Phil Cuttino, 4:00pm-4:50pm
- Voguing with Stanley Glover, 5:00pm-5:50pm
Performances will take place outside on Washington Avenue between 19th & 20th Streets. Artists slated to perform, in addition to BalletX, include Kun-Yang Lin/Dancers (KYL/D), Eleone Dance Theatre, Danco 2 (D/2) – Philadanco’s Apprentice Company, JUNK, The Hood Lockers, and Chocolate Ballerina Company. The performance schedule will be posted soon.
To learn how your business or organization can get involved with BalletX’s Block Party, contact Megan O’Donnell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Block Party 2019 is generously sponsored by SOSNA, OCF Realty, Chick’s, OpenBox Athletics, Cafe Ynez, Sistas on the Roll, Tuck-Ins, Dock Street Brewery, and PECO.