- This event has passed.
June 2, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm| Free
Join BalletX for the company’s first-ever Block Party at 1923 Washington Avenue, an action-packed day of free classes, performances, music, food, drink, and more! Dance classes take place in the BalletX studio from 10:00am–6:00pm, and performances and other outdoor activities occur between 12:00pm–6:00pm. The event is FREE and open to the public.
BalletX Block Party is a rain or shine event! Some outdoor performances may be moved indoors due to inclement weather. Follow our Facebook page throughout the day for updates.
Register for free dance classes at BalletX’s studio below (no experience required):
- Intermediate Ballet with Richard Villaverde, 10am-11:20am
- Youth Creative Movement with Rebecca Malcolm-Naib, 11:30am-12:20pm
- West African with Anssumane Silla, 12:30pm-1:20pm
- Street Dance with Chanel Holland, 1:30pm-2:20pm
- Intermediate Contemporary with Zachary Kapeluck, 2:30pm-3:50pm
- Hip Hop with Phil Cuttino, 4:00pm-4:50pm
- Voguing with Stanley Glover, 5:00pm-5:50pm
Performances will take place outside on Washington Avenue between 19th & 20th Streets. Artists are slated to perform at the following times:
- 12:00pm BalletX
- 12:30pm The Dream Team (Dance eXchange student dancers)
- 1:00pm Danco 2 (D/2) – Philadanco’s Apprentice Company
- 1:30pm West Powelton Drummers
- 2:00pm Eleone Dance Theatre
- 2:30pm The Hood Lockers
- 3:00pm Pasion Y Arte
- 3:30pm Kun-Yang Lin/Dancers (KYL/D)
- 4:00pm BalletX (duets)
- 4:30pm Chocolate Ballerina Company
- 5:00pm JUNK
- 5:30pm Xcel Dance Crew
To learn how your business or organization can get involved with BalletX’s Block Party, contact Megan O’Donnell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Block Party 2019 is generously sponsored by SOSNA, OCF Realty, Chick’s, OpenBox Athletics, Cafe Ynez, Sistas on the Roll, Tuck-Ins, Dock Street Brewery, and PECO.